THE 7 MAJOR CHAKRAS
Chakras are a fundamental part of our body’s anatomy. YES, They are invisible, yet still very real! They govern much of our energetic and emotional waves. Imbalanced chakras lead to mental, physical and emotional IMBALANCES. Balanced chakras make you happy… and I truly want you to be happy! Here is a simple introduction to YOUR SEVEN MAJOR chakras...
The 7 Chakras
Some believe there are sixteen, others report there are nine, but most agree that there are seven main chakras. They exist where the seven types of tissue converge. Each is associated with a gland and section of the spine that run along our centers, both on the front and back sides of our bodies.
Charkas govern varying areas of our lives — abundance, Love, creativity, confidence, to name a few — and when we experience imbalance, you can be sure that there is an energetic discord in the associated chakra. Each center also resonates with a color frequency, which can be used to heal the imbalances. There are also smaller secondary chakras, subtle body chakras, and even micro chakras. Let us begin with the basics:
- The Root Chakra is red and governs stability, abundance and family. It is located at the tailbone. It is associated with the reproductive glands and controls sexual development.
- The Sacral Chakra is orange and rules creativity, abundance, childbearing and sensuality. It is located approximately 2 inches below the navel, and is associated with the reproductive system and sacrum. It is connected to the adrenal glands, which regulate the immune system and metabolism.
- The Solar Plexus chakra is yellow and assists with confidence, discernment and instinct. It is located just below where the bottom of your ribs meet, at the base of the sternum. It is connected to the pancreas and regulates metabolism.
- The Heart Chakra is green (sometimes pink) and promotes compassion, Love and healing. It is located in the center of the chest, a few inches above your heart. It is connected to the thymus gland, which regulates the immune system.
- The Throat Chakra is blue and helps with communication, actualizing purpose and connections. It is located in your throat and is associated with the thyroid, which regulates body temperature and metabolism.
- Third Eye Chakra is indigo and governs ascension, non-judgement and intuition. It is located just above the center of your brows, and is associated with the pituitary gland, which produces hormones and governs the function of the previous 5 glands.
- The Crown Chakra is violet and rules wisdom, expansion and unity. It is located at the crown of your head. It is associated with the pineal gland, which regulates biological cycles, including sleep.
- Chakras are like plates with a hole in the middle which the central channel (or Sushumna) runs through. The chakra system functions best when the chakras are of similar size. Variance in size can cause imbalance in health or emotion. The chakras generally energetically rotate clockwise. It’s normal for them to move counter-clockwise at different times during the day.
-If a chakra chronically rotates backwards it can often be corrected by holding a pendulum over it. Pendulums can also be used to gauge the size, direction and/or rotation (more on pendulums soon). Holding kyanite will also help bring the chakras’ size and rotation into balance.
-Chakras can be cleansed with singing bowls to help release trauma, stuck emotions or heaviness in the centers. Chanting the mantras associated with each, out loud, three times helps to balance each chakra (instructions below). One can also listen to sound frequencies or binaural beats for optimum health (suggestions below).
-Each is associated with plants, flowers, oils, stones, colors, (to name a few) that can be incorporated into your work with each chakra. They may also contain energetic residue from past lives and ancestors. Each is also associated with a realm, and contains beings that may be guides or antagonists to us.
( From the works of healer Christine Machiraju )